A week after the summer holidays started, my family and I decided to travel to Germany, yet again! This time, we weren't visiting the city and its sites. We were planning to visit a war ship which had come from India and also go to the well known water park and rainforest, Tropical Islands.
At 8 am on June 12, we left for Berlin in our car. This was going to be yet another long car journey, and I knew I was going to be bored... It was a long ride, starting from the poor polish highways, to the best roads in Europe, the Autobahn. It took us 7 and a half hours to reach Berlin, and it was a fairly tiring journey. Tiring, not because I had to do a lot of work, but because I had absolutely no work to do!
As we had a friend in Berlin, we were invited to their house to stay over for few nights. Despite having to turn in different exits to reach there, we had no problems as the GPS guided us safely and quickly. At 4 pm, we went to their house and had some food. We planned to take the day easy and just rest, so we didn't do anything much.
Early next morning, around 0630, my family and I hurried to catch the tour bus which was going to take us to the war ship. I was happy as this was the first time I was visiting such a ship and it might be interesting. But sadly, I was mistaken. Starting off with the bus ride, everything was boring. The trip to Bremen was suppsoed to take us around 4 hours, but ended up taking almost 7 hours. This was very frustrating because there was absolutely nothing to do. When we finally arrived at the location, my dissapointment grew. I was expecting a ship that could carry a fighter plane during wars. This was a very small ship, with just a helipad. As we were given a tour inside, there were a few interesting facts they mentioned such as the ship had captured few Somalian pirates, and also saved a few hostages. Also, the India army is the only one to test missile defense on each other; other countries do not do it because it is very dangerous. Our ride back was just as boring, and took 7 hours, yet again. Altogether, this was'nt the best start to summer, but either way, it was a start.
On Sunday morning, after having a good breakfast, 15 people including us took a train to go to Tropical Islands. Tropical Islands is a newly built park where everything is under a dome. There are parks, swimming pools, spas, and everything you can imagine. It took us about an hour and a half to reach there, but it was worth it. Although it was not as big as I imagined it to be, it was very entertaining. I started by going to the indoor sea, which was awesome because there was real sand, and it was as if we were in the sea. There were a lot of people, music, and this made it even more energetic. After that, I went to the slides. There were three of them, but the one that I enjoyed the most was the deepest one. It was one of the fastest and best slides I've been in. It was almost a turn of 90 degrees. I was scared when i did it for the first time, but later on, I enjoyed it a lot. These two spots were the highlight of the trip to Tropical Islands. Other places included a rainforest where there were sea turtles and a lot of different trees. Also, there was a lagoon where the water was at a high temperature. It was located and desgined as if it was a natural spring fountain. We returned back to Berlin at around 7 pm that night, and I was very tired.
The next morning, my family and I returned to Warsaw. Yet again, it was a boring 8 hour car journey, but I was glad that I was finally back in Warsaw, finally back home...
